Receiving & Sending Mail at BYU-Idaho
It is essential that all mail coming to or being sent from BYU-Idaho has a properly formatted address that will help us quickly identify you and your department.
Properly formatted addresses include:
Unique Zip Code "83460"
- Necessary to have a valid university address
- Not using the correct zip code can cause delays or for mail to be marked "Undeliverable as Addressed" and returned to sender by the USPS.
Department 4-Digit Stop Code
- Assigned to each department
- Quickly identifies the building and department of an employee
- Helps to eliminate guessing and allows mail to be processed and delivered efficiently
Download a printable version of the Receiving and Sending Mail Guidelines for your office.
For all mail being sent from BYU-Idaho, please format your documents and return address using the Office Communication Guide on the BYU-Idaho Branding Site.
Complete Shipping Address Example
When ordering online some website forms only allow you to enter up to 3 lines, and may or may not allow you to enter your stop code next to the zip code. At a minimum, you should use lines a,d,e:
a) Your name or name of your department
d) Our physical shipping/receiving address including stop code
e) City, state, and "83460" zipcode