A Distinctive Approach to Online Learning
At BYU-Idaho we have a distinctive approach to learning online. Our vision is to foster faith-building and life-changing learning. Our commitment to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ motivates us to learn and teach by study and by faith.
Family History Courses, Certificate, and Degree
Distinctive Course Characteristics
BYU-Idaho's online courses have been designed to not only offer flexibility, but also provide students with a learning experience similar to what campus students encounter in the classroom. Within each of the courses, students are taught by qualified and trained instructors, follow a semester-based calendar, interact with one another, and submit coursework weekly. In addition, BYU-Idaho online courses are designed to incorporate gospel principles, which will help students gain additional understanding.
- Fully incorporate the three principles of the BYU-Idaho Learning Model - Prepare, Teach One Another, and Ponder/Prove
- Taught by qualified and trained instructors
- Incorporate interactive assignments through the use of discussion boards, online group work, and other resources
- Follow a semester-based calendar with weekly submission of coursework
- Provide students with a learning experience similar to what campus students encounter in the classroom
- Incorporate gospel principles, which help students gain additional understanding
- Provide rich learning experiences that provide opportunities for students to act, rather than be acted upon