Statistics released for Fall Semester 2012 at Brigham Young University-Idaho show a total local enrollment of 16,773 students, an increase of approximately 12 percent over last fall.

October 4, 2012
Writer: Marc Stevens

Statistics released for Fall Semester 2012 at Brigham Young University-Idaho show a total local enrollment of 16,773 students, an increase of approximately 12 percent over last fall. This number refers to individuals who take BYU-Idaho courses and predominately reside in the Rexburg area.*

In addition, the university is seeing continual growth in the number of students who are enrolled in online courses and programs. These students reside across the United States and in several other countries. The number of online students for Fall Semester 2012 is 6,371, compared to 2,503 in Fall Semester 2011.

This semester the local student body consists of 7,448 male students and 9,325 female students (44.4 percent and 55.6 percent respectively). The number of married students is 3,616, comprising 21.6 percent of the total local student population.

*Of the total local enrollment of 16,773 students, 96.3 percent live in Rexburg, with the remaining 3.7 percent residing in locations from Idaho Falls to Ashton.