Conversation
Feedback

We want to hear from you!

BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.

Conversation
Feedback
Brigham Young University Logo

Spring semester enrollment figures released

May 23, 2012

Writer: Andy Cargal

Statistics released for Brigham Young University-Idaho's Spring Semester 2012 show a total local enrollment of 13,853 students, approximately a 3 percent increase over last spring. This number refers to individuals who take BYU-Idaho courses and predominately reside in the Rexburg area.*

In addition, the university is seeing continual growth in the number of students who are enrolled in online courses and programs. Those students reside across the United States and in several other countries. The number of students in Spring Semester 2012 is 3,799, an estimated 28 percent increase over last spring.

This semester the local student body consists of 6,376 male students and 7,477 female students (46 percent and 54 percent respectively). In addition, 3,621 of these students are married, comprising 26 percent of the total local student population.

*Of the total local enrollment of 13,853 students, 95 percent live in Rexburg, with the remaining 5 percent residing in locations from Idaho Falls to Ashton.