Conversation
Feedback

We want to hear from you!

BYU-Idaho values suggestions and ideas that can improve the university.
Use our Feedback Form to let us know what you think.

Conversation
Feedback
Brigham Young University Logo

BYU-Idaho releases enrollment figures for Spring Semester 2013

May 15, 2013

Writer: Marc Stevens

Statistics released for Spring Semester 2013 at Brigham Young University-Idaho show a total local enrollment of 14,045 students, an increase of approximately 1.3 percent over last spring. This number refers to individuals who take BYU-Idaho courses and predominately reside in the Rexburg area.

The university continues to see impressive growth in the number of students enrolled in online courses and programs. These students reside across the United States and in several other countries. The number of online students for Spring Semester 2013 is 6,852, compared to 3,784 in Spring Semester 2012.

This semester the local student body consists of 6,730 male students and 7,315 female students (47.9 percent and 52.1 percent respectively). The number of married students is 3,716, comprising 26.5 percent of the total local student population.

*Of the total local enrollment of 14,045 students, 95.3 percent live in Rexburg, with the remaining 4.7 percent residing in locations from Idaho Falls to Ashton.