Employee Smart Phone Email Setup
SmartPhone Email Setup
- Because of the wide array of mobile devices available to BYU-Idaho Employees, we support only E-Mail access or Microsoft Exchange synchronization.
- Some cellular phones also have internet capability which supports web and E-Mail access.
- For information regarding supported SmartPhones for Students, visit the OutlookLive website.
E-Mail (Exchange) Settings
These Settings have been tested to work on Windows Mobile, WebOS, and Android Platforms.
On Windows Mobile you will be prompted to accept BYU-Idaho's security policy before you will be allowed to synchronize your phone.
- Domain\Username: email@example.com
- Password: [your byui password]
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- Use secure connection (SSL)
- Accept all SSL certificates
Some Sprint phones do not support BYU-Idaho email. They do support some web based email, as well as web access through a dataplan, but will not be able to synchronize Exchange E-Mail, calendar, or contacts without an additional monthly fee. Some savvy users may be able to configure POP or IMAP to receive mail on these devices, but they will be unable to send email using the BYU-Idaho email system.