iOS (Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod) Email Setup for Employees
1. To add an Exchange account to your device:
- Tap Settings >
- Mail, Contacts, Calendars >
- Add Account >
- Microsoft Exchange
2. On the next screen, enter:
"Email: " enter your full BYU-I email address.
"Username:" enter your BYU-I firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Password:" enter your BYU-I password.
Then press next.
* Your device will now try to locate your Exchange Server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. If it does not do it automatically you might have to enter our server info manually. (outlook.office365.com for faculty.)
3. Choose Settings:
After successfully making a connection to the Exchange Server, you may be prompted to choose which type or types of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only three days' worth of email is synchronized.
* To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note that after configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the device is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your device wirelessly with MobileMe services.