Microsoft Office 365 @ BYUI
What is Office 365?
The most frequent apps that come to mind when thinking of Office 365 are email and Microsoft Office.
Employees! Microsoft Office 365 arrived in the Spring of 2014. For now we're just using the Exchange Online portion of it, which includes the following:
- Access to files, documents and photos across multiple devices from anywhere.
- 50 GB Mailboxes
Coming soon, though, along with virtually anywhere access to familiar Office tools, plus enterprise-grade email, conferencing, and more here are just some of the advantages we'll see when we fully begin using Office 365:
- The latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access and Publisher installed on up to five PCs or Macs and up to five mobile devices like iPad, Android and Windows tablets.
- 1TB of storage on OneDrive you can use to store and share all your documents across all your devices.
- Office Online for in-browser editing, collaboration and co-authoring
- Lync (Enhanced from 2010 used on campus today)
- Voice conferencing
- Video conferencing
- Skype contacts right from Lync and vice versa
The email system used for all employee email accounts was moved to the Microsoft Cloud in June of 2014. Student/Alumni accounts were already there. This includes full time faculty, administrative, and staff employees as well as part-time, remote faculty, adjunct, and retirees - any user with a byui.edu email account. To help you with this change, we have provide some information below.
The change was made to avoid expensive updates to our current hardware and software. The new system provides a number of exciting features like additional storage space on your account. For most users the most noticeable change will be the need to update your settings on mobile devices you use to check your email. This is covered on the page below. If you experience difficulties with your email or Outlook calendar, and don't find answers on this page, please contact the help desk at 208-496-9000.
External Devices (Tablets/Phones)
- Here are the most common settings you will need for any device (For more details see our "Setup" page)
- Email Address or Email: YourEmailAddress@byui.edu
- Exchange server or Server: outlook.Office365.com
- Domain: BYUI
- Domain/username or Username: YourUsername@byui.edu
- (This is not an email address, but must be typed with the @byui.edu in order for Microsoft to recognize you as a BYU-Idaho user)
- Your voicemail is now provided by Cisco Unity instead of Microsoft Exchange.
- You will receive voicemail notifications in your email box.
- Missed Calls notifications only appear on your Cisco phone, not in your email box.
- To access your voicemail from a Cisco phone, press the "messages" button on the phone and enter your pin.
- If you do not have a pin setup enter 123456 when asked. You will then be prompted to choose a new one.
- To access your voicemail from a different phone, dial 496-0510 and press * at the menu. You will be prompted to enter your extension and PIN.
- If you are having trouble receiving voicemail in your mailbox, contact the help desk (x9000).
- Previously, many spam emails were filtered by ProofPoint and sent to you in a daily digest. Now in Office 365, filtered spam messages are either sent to you in a quarantine notification message or sent directly to your "Junk E-mail".
- If you use the EMAIL tab in myBYUI to check your email online, you will notice an enhanced user experience.
- If you normally browse directly to owa.byui.edu the new address would be http://outlook.office365.com.
- For more information about Outlook Web App (OWA) click here.
Other Top Tips
- If you're not using Microsoft Outlook 2013, contact HelpDesk@byui.edu (or call x9000) to upgrade today.
- Self-Paced Training
- Request a Custom Email Checkup
|Personal Microsoft Account||BYU-Idaho (Organizational/Institutional) Account