LivePerson @ BYUI
BYU-Idaho uses LivePerson for live chat support.
- Look for the "Live Chat" links across the site. Departments package these links in different ways to match their particular site branding. Here are the current areas supporting folks through Live Chat:
- Have your department supervisor contact the Help Desk to get accounts set up.
- Download the LivePerson Agent Console.
- 1132447 is our Site Number
LivePerson is requiring us to update all code on each page containing a chat link before July 31, 2015. In order to do so, here is the procedure that the BYUI Web Design Team has built for us:
- Add the Content Snippet in Ingeniux
- Open and Check Out your page in Ingeniux
- Click arrow to expand the Content Snippet Group Element
- Click Pick
- Type "livep" in the Name box
- Select LivePersonScript with ID x104651
- If you get a notification of a processing error, click OK
- Type [x014651] somewhere on your page. Usually the bottom is the best.
Tips & Tricks
- We now have Desktop Sharing! Here's some tips and tricks for end users to allow technicians to connect to your machine.
- Watch for Java prompts
- Check for the latest version of Java at http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
- Set the "Enable 'Away' status when screensaver is on" option
- File menu
- Preferences menu
- General tab
- Check the "Away Status" box
There was an error finding x014651 in the A/B list of [x014651]. Please make sure it is included in the 'Content Snipet' section of the Ingeniux form of page x90111.