LivePerson @ BYUI
BYU-Idaho uses LiveEngage for live chat support.
If your department does not yet have an account, please contact LivePerson@byui.edu or call us at x7007 to get hooked up.
We've recently upgraded from the LivePerson Agent Console (LPAC) to the web-based LiveEngage. Read the following documentation for more information:
- Handling Chats with the New Agent Workspace
- LiveEngage Agent Guide
- NOTE: On page 6, the letters F and G should be swapped.
- LiveEngage Agent Quick Start
- LiveEngage Admin Guide
- On page 9, the last A should be an E.
- On page 10, the last B should be a C.
- On page 11, CDEF should be ABCD.
- On page 12, the bottom section B should read "Edit, delete, duplicate the question or move the placement of the question in the survey".
- LivePerson Connect - Upgrade Central
- What if someone forgot to allow the alerts? How can you go back and reset that?
- Option 1: Click the bell, then the gear, then check the box for https://z1.le.liveperson.net:443.
- Option 2: Right click on the padlock. Click on Site Settings. Scroll to "Notifications". There you can click "Manage Exceptions" or just allow all.
- Option 1: You can reset this to the default (or outright disallow it) on a per-site basis by right-clicking somewhere in a blank spot of the site (or pressing Ctrl-I on Windows or Cmd-I on Mac) and then selecting "View Page Info" from the opening menu. This opens a window with a "Permissions" tab. I that, scroll down to the very bottom until you see "Show Notifications" as the third-to-last entry. Either reset that to the default, or just select "Block".
- Optioni 2: Left-click on padlock > more information > permissions > notifications
- Can we limit user creation so that each skill administrator only can create users for their own skill?
- In the future there will be agent groups that allow that kind of segmentation. At this time, there is not that capability.
- Does LiveEngage set status to “Away” automatically upon screensaver?
- LiveEngage has a couple different settings for that. We'll post more here soon.
- Does closing the browser tab log you out if you forget to click “log out”?
- Yes it does.
- What is MCS and how is it calculated?
- MCS is the Meaningful Connection Score. It's a new machine learning feature that is being developed right now. It's currently implemented in the "Sentiment Analysis" (Those are the smiley/frowny faces). The faces will be switching over to the MCS metrics in the near future.
- Is CoBrowse no longer supported? I understood Desktop Sharing was going away but thought that CoBrowse was going to stay.
- CoBrowse is on the new platform.
LiveEngage Tag Updates
Since the upgrade from the desktop to the web version LivePerson is requiring us to update all code on each page. The new version at this time doesn't allow for chat's to be activated with a hyperlink because it is designed to open a chat window in the same page and not a new tab/window. That being said all of the old links need to be updated. In order to do so, here is the procedure:
- While logged in to LiveEngage click on the drop-down in the top right and select LiveEngage Tag
- Follow the steps listed on that page.
- Open and Check Out your page in Ingeniux.
- Click HTML and paste the monitoring code near the top.
- If you would prefer an embeded button rather that the dynamic "Sticky" button on the side follow these steps:
- Follow the 4 steps above
- Find the code similar to this:
<a href="https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/1132447/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=1132447&byhref=1&SESSIONVAR!skill=Housing&imageUrl=https://web.byui.edu/admissions/liveperson/large" class="icon" target="_blank">
- Delete the Old Object/Url and add the Div Tag provided by the LiveEngage Admins
(Chat with the LiveEngage Admins Here)
Tips & Tricks
- Forward all of your messages to the BSC during certain times of day.
- Admin Console
- Visitor Rules
- Rule Types
- "When visitor clicks to chat".
- "New Rule" button.
- Fill in the necessary info on the top section, such as the name, dsescription etc...
- Then, in the conditions, choose Visitor Properties - Skill, and choose the skill from which you want to forward.
- Then, add another rule under Time Functions - Day of the Week and Time of day.
- Make sure that above the conditions, it is set to "If *All* of the following conditions are true".
- Then in the actions, you want to choose Variables >> Set Visitor Skill >> Choose the skill you want.