The BYU-Idaho MasterCard® Purchasing Card gives the cardholder advanced authority for official University purchases. All full-time and part-time (non-student) employees are eligible to apply for a card as deemed necessary by their supervisor. Department Purchasing Cards are also available where supervisors see fit; however, there are several policies in place that must be followed.
University Card Applications
- Purchase Card — Individual
- Used for non-travel related purchases by cardholder only.
- Purchase Card — Department
- Issued to steward but card can be used by authorized individuals (including students).
- Fuel Card
- Used fuel purchases by areas with assigned vehicles. – Typically managed through Fleet Services.
- Group Travel Card
- Used for larger group travel where access to cash is needed. – Paid directly by the University.
- Travel & Entertainment Card
- Used for individual travel or smaller group travel where cash is not needed – Cardholder responsibility to pay balance in full each month.
- Purchasing, Travel, Group Travel Cards – When, Where, and How
- Help determine which card is right for you.