Church Permission Info
Questions and Copyright Requests
We encourage faculty to include the teachings of our modern prophets in your classrooms but wish to emphasize these guidelines when using these teachings:
- If possible, provide a link to the content rather than copying and reposting it.
- Articles, talks, short stories, poems, music, essays, etc. should be copied in their entirety.
- Attribution should be given to all authors and creators.
- The Church copyright notice should appear on any copies.
Remember permission to use this content for educational purposes does not include permission to create anthologies or compilations of General Authority writings. For such scholarly endeavors, you must contact the Intellectual Property Office.
For further assistance or information regarding Church copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office at:
- Phone: 1-801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
- Fax: 1-801-240-1187
- E-Mail: email@example.com
To request use of Church copyrighted material, complete the Copyright Request Form and send it to:
Intellectual Property Office, Attention: Licensing, 50 East North Temple Street Rm 1888, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-3011
You can also fax or e-mail the form to the fax number or e-mail address listed above.
Note: The approximate time for receiving a reply for a non-commercial request is two to four weeks; commercial requests require approximately four to six weeks.
You may also view the Rights and Use Information as posted on the Church's website.