Campus Tours

Ariel image of the Spori courtyard.

Welcome!

Take a virtual video tour of campus (13:15 minutes), select individual videos of specific buildings below, or view our campus map. For general questions about BYU-Idaho please contact Ask BYUI at (208)496-1411 or by emailing ask@byui.edu.

Visiting BYU-Idaho?

Schedule a campus tour.

Prospective Student Tours 208-496-1300 New Student Tours 208-496-1420 Public Tours 208-496-3125

Agricultural Engineering Building

The Agricultural Engineering Building houses a large machine shop for the repair and servicing of farm machinery and a welding mini-lab for students to get hands-on experience.

Agricultural Engineering Building Image Link to Tour Video

Auxiliary Services Building

The Auxiliary Services Building provides university services including Mail Services and Print and Copy Services. It is one of the few un-dedicated buildings on campus.

Auxiliary Services Building Link to Video

Badger Creek Outdoor Learning Center

Students visit BYU-Idaho's additional facilities at off-campus locations for more fun learning activities, including ropes courses and cross-country skiing.

Badger Creek Outdoor Learning Center Image Link to Tour Video

BYU-Idaho Center

Dedicated in 2010, the BYU-Idaho Center includes a 15,000-seat auditorium and an activities area equivalent in size to 10 basketball courts. It is also the home to weekly campus devotionals and other uplifting events.

BYU-Idaho Center Image Link to Tour Video

David O. McKay Library

With a Family History Center, computers for Internet research, and a book collection of over 160,000 volumes and periodicals, the David O. McKay Library provides many resources for students.

David O. McKay Library Image Link to Tour Video

Eliza R. Snow Center for the Performing Arts

The first building on campus named in honor of a woman, the Eliza R. Snow Center houses the Ruffatti Organ, which has over 3,500 pipes and took 21 years to complete.

Eliza R. Snow Center Image Link to Tour Video

Ezra Taft Benson Building

The Benson Building includes five greenhouses and a wildlife museum, which displays animals native to North America and a special collection from Africa.

Ezra Taft Benson Building Image Link to Tour Video

George S. Romney Building

In addition to the planetarium and geology museum, the George S. Romney Building has a seismology center, which allows students to measure earthquakes from around the world.

George S. Romney Building Image Link to Tour Video

Gordon B. Hinckley Building

Sitting atop the highest point on campus, the Gordon B. Hinckley Building is one of a few university buildings named in honor of an individual living at the time of its dedication.

Gordon B. Hinckley Building Image Link to Tour Video

Hyrum Manwaring Student Center

Originally including a barbershop and post office, the Manwaring Center now holds a convenience store, modern food court, and bowling alley.

Hyrum Manwaring Center Image Link to Tour Video

Jacob Spori Building

After being destroyed by a fire in 2000, the Jacob Spori Building was reconstructed and later rededicated in 2003. Its style resembles the original structure built in 1903.

Jacob Spori Building Image Link to Tour Video

John L. Clarke Building

Under President John L. Clarke, the student population grew from 200 to 5,300, and the number of buildings increased from two to two dozen.

John L. Clarke Building Image Link to Tour Video

John Taylor Building

The John Taylor Building was constructed in the Fall of 1997. "The brick color and unique design of this building were chosen to help the students stay focused on the values and expectations at BYU-Idaho."

John Taylor Building Image Link to Tour Video

John W. Hart Building

The John W. Hart Building provides many athletic resources for students, including a swimming pool, racquetball courts, and gymnasiums. Up until the BYU-Idaho Center was dedicated, it also held devotionals, firesides, and graduation ceremonies.

John W. Hart Building Image Link to Tour Video

Joseph Fielding Smith Building

Built in 1968, the Joseph Fielding Smith Building is home to the students of the business, communications and language departments.

Joseph Fielding Smith Building Image Link to Tour Video

Livestock Center

The Livestock Center houses Animal Science Department offices, laboratories, and classrooms. It is located five miles west of Rexburg, and facilities include an indoor arena, feedlot, animal laboratory, meat processing lab, horse barn, and 100 acres of irrigated fields.

Livestock Center Image Link to Tour Video

Lowell G. Biddulph Hall

Originally a men's dormitory named Ensign Hall, the building was renamed the Lowell G. Biddulph Hall in 1995 and houses the University Relations, Pathway, and Online Learning departments.

Lowell G. Biddulph Building Image Link to Tour Video

Mark Austin Building

The Austin Building, named for the well-known philanthropist and humanitarian Mark Austin, is home to the automotive students, who frequently offer free vehicle inspection nights for students.

Mark Austin Building Image Link to Tour Video

Oscar A. Kirkham Building

The Kirkham Auditorium has hosted numerous prolific speakers and national figures, including former First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt on March 2, 1959.

Oscar A. Kirkham Building Image Link to Tour Video

Playfields/Recreational Areas

Over 115,000 participants were involved in student activities last year, with many events taking place on the playfields and recreational areas.

Playfields and Recreational Areas Image Link to Tour Video

Spencer W. Kimball Building

Built in the spring of 1999, the Spencer W. Kimball Building houses the university's administrative services, including the executive offices.

Spencer W. Kimball Building Image Link to Tour Video

Student Health and Counseling Center

The Student Health and Counseling Center provides many health care services for students, including free group and one-on-one counseling for emotional and behavioral disorders.

Student Health Center Image Link to Tour Video

Thomas E. Ricks Building

Prior to the Thomas E. Ricks Gardens serving as a laboratory for horticulture students, they served as a runway for single engine airplanes. The gardens were named after the founder of the pioneer academy that would later become BYU-Idaho.

Thomas E. Ricks Building Image Link to Tour Video

University Communications Building

Dedicated by Elder David A. Bednar in August 2002, radio stations 91.5 and 94.3 are managed and operated by students and employees in the Communications Building.

University Communications Building Image Link to Tour Video

William F. Rigby Hall

Initially a men's dormitory, the William F. Rigby Hall has been converted to house more than 80 office spaces for faculty. 

William F. Rigby Building Image Link to Tour Video